See release notes for compatibility notes.
- Major refactor of library to fix React state side effect issues
- Added tests to library for core functionality
- Revised resize handle placement/functionality
- Various bug fixes
- Fixed overlayHandle property on resizable spaces which was broken in 0.1.25
- Ensure proptypes added as direct dependency to library
- Fixed issue where handleSize property was not being passed to internal ResizeHandle component
- Fix for onResizeStart and onResizeEnd events broken in last release
- Removed old demo project
- Removed NextJS demo project
- Added storybook
- Refactored components
- Added changelog.md
- Fixed generation of head styles height and z-index which were missing a semi-colon.
- Added Custom space to allow access to all space properties.
- Allowed false to be returned from onResizeStart event callback to conditionally cancel resize operation.
- Added onMouseMove, onTouchStart, onTouchMove and onTouchEnd events.
- Moved child state and recalculation of child spaces to the parent space to remove synchronisation issues causing various update issues.
- Moved space styles to document head to generate cleaner mark-up. All spaces now get a auto-generated short ID which can be overriden with the id property on a space.
- Removed the need for an outer and inner container on all spaces except for when a space is resizable and scrollable to allow the space to maintain the resize handle location.
- Optimised touch resize actions preventing default browser actions using css touch-action and changing debounce to throttling on resize updates.
- Added resize start and end events (issue / pull request)
- Fixed useContext hook being used within condition expression causing 'React has detected a change in the order of Hooks called by SpaceInternal' error when zIndex property updated on space (issue / pull request)
- Fix to ensure debounced resize (mouse/touch) events do not fire after mouse up or touch end events have fired. (pull request)
- Fix to ensure mouse up and touch end events are unbound after a resize operation has completed to prevent multiple event handlers being bound on every resize operation. (pull request)
- Fix to ensured resize delta is reset when size property changed on anchored and resizable spaces (issue / pull request)
- Fix when multiple classes provided as property to space to prevent a duplication of class names on the outer and inner space elements. (issue / pull request)
- Added touch resize functionality.
- Remove old docs from demo project.
- Added <Layer /> component and layer support to allow floating of spaces above each other.
- Migrated from Webpack to Rollup for building component library
- Created ES module bundles in /dist/es
- Fixed window undefined error when rendering spaces via Next.js
- Created server bundle (/dist/server) for using with Node.js server side apps when utilising SSR, e.g. Next.js and seperated styling from server bundle (/dist/server.css). This is currently experimental.
- Refactored spaces as functional component using hooks.
- Fixed className type on <ViewPort /> component.
0.1.11 - 0.1.12
- Fix to deal with changes to size and anchor properties on anchored spaces and adjusted spaces accordingly.
- Added 'as' property to allow rendered DOM element to be specified (thanks to u/MahNonAnon and u/trevoreyre on Reddit for suggestion of this).
- Added 'centerContent' property as short-hand for centering space content instead of having to introduce the extra <Centered /> or <CenteredVertically /> components.
- Allow resize handle width to be specified and also it's placement within space controlled with the 'overlayHandle' property.
- Fixed issue with dynamically added/removed anchored spaces where an anchored space would see itself as a space taking space.
- Added repository field to package.json
- Removed clear fix from space
- Fixed positioning of resize handles within scrollable divs
- Fixed resize minimum and maximum constraints
- Fixed resize handles being covered by nested spaces preventing resizing
- Add support for percentage sizing on anchored spaces
- Added readme
- Updated documentation
- Removed ResizeSensor from spaces by default and now optionally allow live size updates with trackSize property
- Added <VerticallyCentered /> component to vertically centre content within a space
- Allow class names to be specified on top-level spaces <ViewPort /> and <Fixed />
- Initial version
Known issues / limitations
- Rendering an anchored horizontal space and an anchored vertical space within the same parent space will cause a gap to appear in the corner where the two anchored spaces meet. You can workaround this by using nested <Fill /> spaces to seperate the horizontally and vertically anchored spaces.
- There isn't currently any consideration for using spaces in a responsive manner. You can however give spaces class names and target them with media queries like you would with any other DOM element.